cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PPTP VPDN and Cisco Client errors

amenyo101112
Level 1
Level 1

Hello there, i have configured a cisco 1841 router as a vpn server for microsoft pptp client access. When connecting outside my local lan it hangs at verifying username and password then gives me error 619 message "remote computer did not respond so port was closed". I am however able to connect on my local lan. I also have Cisco's VPN client configured on the router which works fine and able to receive emails in microsoft outlook but cannot send any emails. The emails just sit in the outbox till i connect to my local lan.Anyone who has experienced a similar problem? I have tried all the configs in the the forum and problem still persists. Any solutions?? Thanks

2 Replies 2

Hi,

Thanks Thomas for those links but unfortunately i have tried all those configs and still getting the same errors. I have a context based access list (firewall)configured (out) on the external interface. Is this going to prevent pptp traffic from coming in since i only have extended access lists for traffic coming into the lan? Urgent help needed

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: