Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPTP VPN with CISCO 677

I am trying to make VPN connections using a W2K Server as the server and W2K Professional as clients. I have a Cisco 677 xDSL router and I have opened port 1723 tcp and udp and they are forwarded to the LAN ip of my server. I have tested the connection from the LAN site and it works but when a client from the outside tries to connect it fails so I am sure that I have missed something when I configured the router 677. I cannot forward all traffic to this server for many reasons, so If someone could tell my if this is possible at all or even better tell me if there are more ports to be opened or anything ??

rgds,

Lars

2 REPLIES

Re: PPTP VPN with CISCO 677

You’ll need a static IP address or NAT (Not NAT overflow/PAT) and open up GRE IP Protocol 47 as well as 1723 TCP.

Re: PPTP VPN with CISCO 677

Try adding this line:

set nat entry add 10.0.0.4 0 47

Modify 10.0.0.4 to the address of your machine on the LAN you want to VPN to/from. This will forward all GRE packets hitting the outside of the router to that machine. However, you will be bound to that one machine, you can't have more than one machine that does VPN behind the router (client OR server).

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content