cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Preventing specific static IP addresses from getting to specific web sites?

rpw5354
Level 1
Level 1

We use a PIX 505E firewall to connect to the Internet. All of our PC's have static ip addresses assigned to them. How can I prevent a single PC with the address (ie. 1.2.3.4) from connecting to a specific web site on the Internet with an address of (ie. 9.8.7.6)?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

cgiulini
Level 1
Level 1

Here's a quick crack at it based on my understanding of what you're looking for:

access-list outbound deny tcp host 1.2.3.4 host 9.8.7.6 eq www

access-list outbound permit ip any any

access-group outbound in interface inside

This is an access list written to the inside interface. Your first entry prevents your internal host from connecting to the external webserver on TCP port 80. The second line is required to permit all other IP traffic outbound. The second line becomes a requirement when you put an access-list on the inside interface.

The access-group command binds the access list "outside" to the inside interface.

Hope this helps.

Chad

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

hadbou
Level 5
Level 5

Using a pix alone you cannot do URL filtering you need Web sense to do it.

cgiulini
Level 1
Level 1

Here's a quick crack at it based on my understanding of what you're looking for:

access-list outbound deny tcp host 1.2.3.4 host 9.8.7.6 eq www

access-list outbound permit ip any any

access-group outbound in interface inside

This is an access list written to the inside interface. Your first entry prevents your internal host from connecting to the external webserver on TCP port 80. The second line is required to permit all other IP traffic outbound. The second line becomes a requirement when you put an access-list on the inside interface.

The access-group command binds the access list "outside" to the inside interface.

Hope this helps.

Chad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: