cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

prix between 2 ospf routers

rpalacio
Level 1
Level 1

My customer have an ABR residing in 1 of or bracnh office. The backbone router is residing in the head ofice.

Both of this routers are talking OSPF and are connected via infared thru their ethernet interface.

Now, we are planning to put a firewall on the ethernet interface of the ABR. I understand that PIX ver 6.3 is already supporting OSPF. Could someone advise me on how to configure this or provide me a link if possible at all..

Thanks a lot.

2 Replies 2

nkhawaja
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You can put PIX both interfaces in the same area as of your routers. Or you can separate each interfaces into their own areas and then redistribute among. I tried to search for the sample configs but could not find any . Here is a link from main documentation.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/pix/pix_sw/v_63/cmdref/mr.htm#1097803

Thanks

Nadeem

You can put PIX both interfaces in the same area as of your routers. Or you can separate each interfaces into their own areas and then redistribute among.

WHY IS THERE A NEED TO REDISTRIBUTE IF AM RUNNING OSPF IN BOTH PIX AND ROUTERS.. THATS WHY AM TRYING MY BEST TO RUN OSPF ON PIX JUST TO ADOPT TO THE EXISTING OSPF ROUTERS SO AS TO AVOID COMPLICATED REDISTRIBUTION,

I tried to search for the sample configs but could not find any . Here is a link from main documentation.