cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem accessing my own Website

PE-PatInBC
Level 1
Level 1

I have an issue getting to my own company website that is hosted by a web host on the outside. I can get to the website from anywhere except from behind my PIX. I have a 515e with a webserver in the DMZ. All websites hosted on the DMZ are accessible (both inside and outside) but if I go from any PC on the inside network and try to get to my company website (on the outside)it can't and I get the "Page not found" error. It doesn't seem to be DNS related because I get the same if I type in the ip address as well. I can access any other website from the inside network, just not my company site.

What could this be ? It has been working for months. Occasionally I have had to go in and clear xlate because something was getting confused on the PIX but that has straighted it out. This time it doesn't help. I'm guessing it's some kind of routing problem but I've looked at my config and it seems right.

Any suggestions or thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

PE-PatInBC
Level 1
Level 1

Attached is my config

try to do "de ic t" and then kick off a ping from inside host to the webserver.

brad
Level 1
Level 1

This is a pix feature and a dns configuration problem. Without looking at your config I assume you have a static between the outside i/f and the dmz. Your dns server is probably resolving the outside address of the webserver. because the static applies to traffic arriving on the outside interface, it is not applied and the host can not be reached from the inside network by the static translation.

There are two fixes.

1. Configure two dns servers. One resolves internet requests to the outside address. The other resolves internal requests to the dmz address assuming no nat between inside and dmz.

2. I have never tried this, but it should work. Configure a static between the lan and the dmz with the outside address of the webserver.

static (dmz,inside) web.server.pulic.ip web.server.private.ip

Something tells me it doesn't work, but it might? - Let me know if you try it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: