Views
Helpful
Replies

problem installing 4.8 client when checkpoint client also there

tom_hogan
Level 1
Level 1

hello

I tried installing the 4.8 VPN client on my XP machine, that aslo runs Norton anti-virus and check point client. The installer caused the PC to crash, now I am left with a half-installed client. I now see from the release notes that you need to disable the check point client to establish a cisco network connection. But I am left with a cisco client not installed, and I can't uninstall either. The install service attempts to start, but something goes wrong and i can't find any trace files. How can I get the cisco client off and start over?

Thanks

Tom

2 Replies 2

Danilo Dy
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes, some PC especially laptops have problem installing multiple vendor VPN clients.

i.e. any combination of two or more of them;

Cisco

Check Point

Juniper

Avaya

One problem I notice is if your laptop is not certified to run XP but you installed XP on it, you can't install multiple VPN clients as it will crash the machine.

Another problem is the virtual interface. This is related to the NIC of the PC.

To try running multiple VPN client, try disabling the currently installed from the Windows Services before installing the other vendor VPN client.

...and yes, you can't uninstall the Cisco VPN client anymore as it was not completely installed when XP crashes. You may need to reinstall XP to get rid of it.

Medan

Thanks for the reply. The laptop is fine fro XP, I have a working ethernet, wireless, and 3g broadband card, all working fine. The checkpoint client continues to work on all of those interfaces,when I enable it. I installed the Cisco product to get remote access to a customer's site. I am going to ask the customer to open up a tech support case on my behalf.

--tom

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: