cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem launching IDS MC & Security Monitor after upgrade to VMS 1.1.1.

laimf
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've problem launching both the IDS MC & SEcurity Monitor after upgrading it from VMS 1.0 to 1.1.1.

Following are the procedures performed during the upgrade.

i. Execute the downloaded file "fcs-IDSMC-v1.1-w2k-k9.exe" to upgrade the current vms1.0 to 1.1.

ii. As the vms1.0 is said to have bugs, i've then execute the file "fcs-IDSMC-v1.1.1-w2k-k9.exe" to upgrade the newly upgraded vms1.1 to 1.1.1.

iii. When it's been installed successfully, I've then tried to check the Cw2K services and noticed that after all the cw2k services started, the "Cisco Secure PostOffice" service was not started. So, I tried to start it manually, but following error message comes up "Could not start the Cisco Secure PostOffice service on Local Computer. Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly.".

Appreciate your advice, urgently.

Thanks alot,

Moh Fun.

3 Replies 3

hadbou
Level 5
Level 5

Why don't you try rebooting or reloading from the beginning, one of the two would help you I guess.

5mlattimore
Level 1
Level 1

Hiyas

unfortunately I had to reinstall from the very beginning to get it to work.

Then I had a problem getting Apache to run with a userid created and added to admins. I had to actually use the administrator account to get it to run!

hmmm

maybe its fixed in 1.1.2!

Good Luck

Mike

Hi Mike,

I agreed with you. The VMS1.1.1 finally works after the uninstallation of the VMS and reinstallation . Thanks.

Moh Fun.