Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Problem registering the csa4.5.1 to CSA MC

i have made a setup of directly connecting 2 pc with each other through cross cable.i have installed VMS 2.3 and CSA MC on one PC while i intend to install CSA on the other Pc. when i see the license information in CSA MC, it show me that 4 server machines for csa are supported by default. Moreover i have the contract for 10 server machine license. when i update the first license the csa was installed in my cisco works VMS 2.3 machine. i am following the method of updating the license information on the CSA MC and then downloading the kit on the other. i didnot update the secong license and try to download the kit to the other machine. HERE I AM UNABLE TO REGISTER THE OTHER PC TO THE CSAMC. however at this point the license information shows that i have 4 more license.?

before giving any response, please read the following two point.

i have the server license but the machine whick i am trying to register is not running any server service. it is a desktop machine running winxp (client OS).while the agent kit i am trying to download is of all server types.

i am running dns service on the vms machine. both the machine are able to communicate each other by hostname.

the cisco works vms 2.3 machine's CSA is working properly and registerd, but the other PC has successfully dowloaded the CSA kit but unable to register.

3 REPLIES
Blue

Re: Problem registering the csa4.5.1 to CSA MC

It is a licensing error. It doesn't matter what kit you download or what groups it's in, CSA will try to use a license for the OS it detects.

In this case it's Windows XP and since it doesn't find a valid license it fails to register.

You haven't used any server licenses because you don't have any servers with agents.

You need to get a desktop agent license or install server on the test box.

Tom S

thanxs

Blue

Sure thing, I hope it works out for you...

Tom

Views
Helpful
Replies