cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with IDS-MC reports

mattcooling
Level 1
Level 1

I've been experiencing a few problems with the IDS-MC - sometimes if I try and create a report (such as the IDS sensor versions), it just doesn't get created - the job just stays in the 'scheduled' area. Currently the only solution I have is to reboot the server.

Do you know why this is happening, and if it is a known bug? Also, do you know if there is a specific service I can restart to resolve the problem, instead of having to restart the server?

Many thanks,

Matt

12 Replies 12

bbenton
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same issue as you. I'm running the latest v4 patches/updates and the latest sig's on Win2k. I still have to bounce the daemon manager service, crmdmgtd, every night. I just do it with a .cmd batch file and schedule it in the OS.

john.kingston
Level 1
Level 1

I've also had this problem recently. When I reboot the server, it spends the better part of an hour catching up. Quite frustrating.

dblairii
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to see a Cisco Engineer respond to this.

I too have recently begun experiencing this issue.

darrenb15
Level 1
Level 1

I've had the same problem since the first customer ship of the IDSMC product. I'm now on IDS MC 1.2 and continue to have the same problem. It not only impacts reports, but any scheduled event including configuration deployments. I'm finding that if I don't cycle Daemon Manager that I'll eventualy have to reboot to get it back.

I had a tac case open about a year ago and they were unable to replicate it. Told me to try rebuilding. Did that for the VMS upgrade with no change.

I'm on a compact DL-380, McAfee 7.0, CIM, NetIQ, SMS/SUS. Any common factors?

Mine has been bad all along as well. Had a case for 4 months early last year and finally gave up on TAC. Dell Poweredge 2650, quad 2g xeons, 2Gmem, McAfee 4.5 soon to be 7, SUS, Tivoli TSM backup. I do have RME installed, but don't use it. I had originally thought I could upgrade to this RME from my production one, but figured I'd need the horsepower solely for IDS MC. I'm just afraid to uninstall RME and have it blow up MC.

Darren -

Coincidentally, I am also using a Compaq DL380. I'm not sure if it is a link, but it may be a starting place for Cisco.

garyprice
Level 1
Level 1

i have the same issue.. all the time...what i have found is that for some reason the ids_reports damon has been stopped. I simply restart the system process from the start process app and the reports start to generate again. I don't have to reboot the box...what a headach that would be..........

gp

I've found that the 1.2.3 version of the MC fixes the reporting issues. I'm currently fighting with sig updates that aren't happening, but I can't say for certain that it has to do with the hung reports problem.

Unfortunately that has completely stopped the report generation page from displaying. Looks like I'll be doing a rebuild.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Matt

Matt,

Try this procedure before doing a rebuild:

---

From the CiscoWorks desktop, go to Server Configuration/Administration/Process Management/Stop Process, select the System radio button, then click Finish.

Give it a few minutes to stop all its child processes, I think it will jump you to the Process Status panel.

Then issue the command:

dbisql -c "uid=idsmdc;pwd=PASSWORD;dbf=c:\progra~1\cscopx\mdc\sybase\db\ids\idsmdc.db;eng=sqlcoredbserver" truncate table kickRegistry

Then go to Server Configuration/Administration/Process Management/Start Process, select the System radio button, then click Finish. Give it a few minutes to start everything back up. Again, it should jump you to the Process Status panel when it is done.

---

Note, the password above will be your database password.

I'd reboot the server after this procedure, just in case.

See how that works out for you.

Thanks for the tip - unfortunately its too late.

I've rebuilt the IDS-MC, with 1.2.3, and will see how it goes...

Cheers,

Matt

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: