cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems connecting with VPN

thespirit
Level 1
Level 1

The company LAN is behind a pix 501 firewall. The employees use Cisco VPN Client 4.0 This works fine when they are connecting through dial-up, but when connecting fails when they try to connect while they are on another company LAN. The get the message: "Secure VPN Connection terminated locally by the client

Reason: The remote peer is no longer responding"

Can somebody please help me with this?

Hermod Martinsen

2 Replies 2

hando
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to verify that the network infrastructure of the other company and your PIX 501:

Does the company setup firewall or router with ACL filter the connection client between PIX? I don't mean reachability only, it may filter certain port for VPN connection setup?

Does the company using NAT or PAT?

What PIX OS you are using in PIX 501?

I don't know anything about the network infrastructure of the other company or if they are using NAT or PAT. The company I work for are holding a presentation there TOMORROW, and are depending on that the VPN works. I know that the other company has requested help from technicians, to check if the problem is on their "side".

We are using Pix Device Manager 2.0(1) and Pix Firewall 6.2(1).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: