Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

Problems lauching MC

Hello

I have a real strange problem with the MC for IDS and the Monitoring Center

We installed it and used it a few days without problems. Then (it seems out of the sudden) things begun to make problems.

We are unable to lauch the MC IDS or the Monitoring Center.

It always brings up a with explorer window with the message:

Server not found. But the server is on the same machine!

We tried to reinstall everything, incl the Windows. Always the same effect.

We used the licence Key that we have been mailed from Cisco.

Has anyone an idea or perhaps had the same problems?

Tanks a lot

Paul Knoll

3 REPLIES

Re: Problems lauching MC

Hi Paul,

So far we have not seen this kind of problem "Server not found".

Could you check the output of "pdshow" command and make sure that all the process are running.

Also, try connect the server with IP Address in the browser. Still if you are not able to launch the IDS MC/Sec Mon, could you send the exact error message shown in the browser.

-Ramesh V

Hi Paul,

The problem might be with SSL certificate, When you selecting "IDS Sensors" or "Security Monitor" from the CiscoWorks desktop, you will be prompted to accept the SSL Certificate. It will be having "Yes" ,"No" and "View Certificate" you should select "Yes" to launch the IDS MC/Sec Mon.

Incase of selecting "No" here, will show "Page cannot be displayed" Error message in the browser.

Regards

Ramesh V

Hi Ramesh

Thanks.

I am not prompeted with the dialog box if I accepet the certifiacte.

When it function there was the dialog box. At this time I did import the certifiacte. Now I canceled the certifiacte from the IE, but there is no dialog Box if I accept the certifiacte. Also after the complete reinstallation there was NO Dialogbox if I would accept the certificate.

Did you recieve the email?

Thanks a lot

paul

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content