Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems trying to logon on Win2K with VPN client 3.5.2.B

Hi,

I am using a VPN3005 and the VPN client 3.5.2.B with Win2K with an ADSL connection and RASPPPoE client. When i connect to the VPN using the "start before logon" and try to connect to the WIN2K domain, i receive an answer from the WIN2K server saying that the user I am using is not configured on the server, of course it is.

After that if I logon locally I can map folders without problem using the user and password that i could not use before.

Non of this things happens if i use a dial up connection

Any help will be appreciated. thanks

3 REPLIES

Re: Problems trying to logon on Win2K with VPN client 3.5.2.B

Has anyone experienced with this?

Thanks

I did test this before, the results as follow:

When a Windows machine does authenticate to a PDC, its looking for the DOMAIN and its PDC NetBIOS name. It does name lookup using WINS Server. If it can not find a WINS server, it will try an LMHOSTS file. There are several steps between looking up using WINS server and fallback to LMHOSTS , I am not going to be detail here.

But to solve Windows Logon problem, better you have a WINS server configured as a parameter when the VPN client terminates a tunnel to VPN3K. This way, the windows machine can do a name lookup for its DOMAIN and PDC NetBIOS.

HTH

Yes, but the pc client reaches the PDC and this answer that the user is not part of the PDC database .

I mean that the PDC is responding something bad but it respons.

Thanks for your replay.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content