Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Problems updating to CSPM 2.3.3i

I currently have CSPM version 2.2.0 installed and am attempting to upgrade it to CSPM 2.3.3i. Unfortunately, after the upgrade program is run, I receive a message stating that "No installation task is possible." I then select the Advanced tab and select "Upgrade". I log in with the account that originally setup the CSPM (the only administrator account with full access). The software update then tells me "You have insufficient rights to perform this operation. Click Database button to log in using different account"...no other accounts have been created.

I have been able to get the software to install on its own (ie, not an update) but noticed several bugs in the 2.3.3i version which caused the software to bomb with Cfmi.exe access violation errors. HELP! Thanks!

5 REPLIES

Re: Problems updating to CSPM 2.3.3i

we have found that the best possible "upgrade" path is to

1. export your topology to a .cpm file and put it somewhere safe.

2. uninstall CPSM and completely delete the CPSM directory if the uninstall program does remove it completely.

3. reboot and then reinstall the new version of CSPM

4. import the .cpm file that you exported in step 1

**NOTE** when exporting the .cpm file, the default place for cspm to put it is in your CSPM directory. When you uninstall CSPM, it removes the CSPM directory, so save the .cpm file elsewhere or copy it somewhere safe BEFORE uninstalling CSPM.

Make sure the system has cleaned off the old version when installing the new. It looks like you might have remnants of CSPM 2.2.

After uninstalling, delete all the files in Program Files/Cisco Systems/Cisco Secure Policy Manager AND Program Files/Cisco Systems/Postoffice. Make sure the registry keys for HKLM/Cisco Systems/Cisco Secure Policy Manager AND HKLM/Cisco Systems/Netranger are remove (this is an advanced procedure, make sure the registry is backed up first). Then install CSPM 2.3.3i.

Unfortunately, after using the steps you listed, I am still experiencing the same problem.

When I click on the Sensor, the select the blocking tab the CSPM bombs out with a "Cfmi.exe Exception: access violation (0xc0000005), Address: 0x1048d4d4" Dr. Watson error message. Ideas from here? Thank you.

Have you found a resolution to this problem yet? I've had the same problem several times upgrading to various code levels. Opened a TAC case in August but ended up completely rebuilding my CSPM box. I'm now having the same problem attempting to upgrade to 2.3.3i and am hoping to avoid another rebuild. Thanks!

No I haven't. Actually I'm going to have to open a case with TAC. I've already rebuilt the CSPM on another box but it is experiencing the same results. All I can say is it looks like Cisco has some serious work to do on the software side of their operations.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content