cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with Sage line 500 over site to site vpn

marceyres
Level 1
Level 1

we have installed two 501's pix's in two remote sites for a customer. These sites link via a site to site vpn to the customers head office. Now each vpn links from the pix to a watchguard firewall. At the remote site they run the usual office applications and everything run fine communicating back to the head office apart from Sage line 500 client application.

The users complain that when they are using the sage client, they move away from the machine and within several minutes the application times out.

Now the reason why these two sites have pix firewall's is becuase before they had Watchguard soho firewalls onsite, but they were causing issues with the vpn and kept crashing intermittantly. Since the pix firewall's are now in place the vpn connection is stable and runs fine without any problems, apart from Sage that is.

I have asked a sage support company to check out the sage server and they cannot see any problems. Everything else is fine on the vpn connection and I also cannot see any errors appearing in the vpn on the pix.

Also the customer has many other sites using sage client application is these two remote sites do, but there link to head office is via a kilostream link and they have never experienced this issue.

I want to find a solution to this problem , but I don't see why we should place the soho boxes back in to sort out this one application.

Marc.

3 Replies 3

grant.maynard
Level 4
Level 4

"show timeout" on the PIX to see TCP session timeout. Also enable logging and watch to see sessions being set up and torn down.

Here is the current timeout settings:-

timeout xlate 0:05:00

timeout conn 1:00:00 half-closed 0:30:00 udp 0:02:00 rpc 0:10:00 h225 1:00:00

timeout h323 0:05:00 mgcp 0:05:00 sip 0:30:00 sip_media 0:02:00

timeout sip-disconnect 0:02:00 sip-invite 0:03:00

timeout uauth 0:05:00 absolute

I have just change the half-closed time from ten minutes to thirty.

Also I have enabled logging and have the logging set to debugging. How can I get the logging to out put to the console?

Marc.

It ok ive worked out how the logging works.

Would you say these timeout setting look correct?

Marc.