Cisco Support Community
Community Member

Problems with SSL VPN on ASA 5510

Hi everybody, I am trying to get an SSL VPN setup on an ASA 5510 for a client. I can pull up the webpage for authentication from outside the network and authenticate properly, the client downloads and shows up as connected, but I am unable to pass any traffic. I believe it has something to do with access lists, but am not quite sure. Also of note, in the SSL VPN client on my workstation, under the route details tab, it shows Secure Routes of, but does not show anything under Local LAN Routes. I tried adding a static route to the internal network via the windows route add command with the gateway as the IP I recieved from the VPN client, but no luck there either.

The customer wants clients to be able to authenticate and then access all resources behind the ASA, including the remote subnets for which there are route statements, although for now, I am just trying to get it to work at the main site, They are going to handle security for VPN users with permissions on the Windows servers.

Also, do I need to do anything to add the SSL VPN license to the ASA? All I have gotten is a Product Key, ASA-xx-xx-xxxxxx and the activation-key command didn't seem to like that.

Community Member

Re: Problems with SSL VPN on ASA 5510

Here is the config, I couldn't add it to the original post.

Community Member

Re: Problems with SSL VPN on ASA 5510

Problem solved.

My NAT statement:

nat (Inside) 0

Needed to be expressed via an ACL, like so:

access-list nonat extended permit ip any

nat (Inside) 0 access-list nonat

CreatePlease to create content