Cisco Support Community
Community Member

QoS and Priority Queuing for Oracle apps

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, but I cannot find anywhere else to post this query.

We are moving towards the need for implementing traffic priority across our WAN links. We have 35 remote sites connecting directly to three hub sites via 3600 routers utilising IP only, accesssing Oracle apps and using email etc. to the main hub sites. Throwing more bandwidth at the problem is not an intelligent solution - QoS is the best way forward for us.

I am finding it difficult to find information to assist me in recommending a specific solution to our needs. I am sure that this has been achieved often, but I am not sure which aspect of QoS to implement.

Suggestions and advice is appreciated!

Neil Barrett

Re: QoS and Priority Queuing for Oracle apps

The topic of this forum is Virtual Private Networks however there are a number of professionals online who may be able to assist you. We are always considering additional forums for such topics and I will make a note of your post.

If you don't get a suitable response to your post, you may wish to review our resources at the online Technical Assistance Center ( or speak with a TAC engineer. You can open a TAC case online at

If anyone else in the forum has some advice, please reply to this thread.

Thank you for posting.

Community Member

I would like suggest you to implement Qos Policy Manager. From the GUI Based Software it enables you to Priotise Traffic by users and applications. Thus it will be wise to priotise by users for example, CEO.CIO,COO,CTO,CFO 60% of the bandwidth while Managerial level with 25% and others with 15%.

While priotise overall bandwitdh for Application such as 70% for Oracle application, internet browser 10%, Video Streaming 10% and others 10%.

Community Member

Thank you for the reply. I recently ordered a 90 day eval of CiscoWorks 2000 (which also has QoS policy manager) from our suppliers, so I look forward to test out the theory!

Best Regards,

CreatePlease to create content