cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

QoS in the IOS?

koaps
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to figure out which of my devices support QoS and so far it seems like none of them do.

I have a Cisco Catalyst 2924XL with this IOS image c2900xl-c3h2s-mz.120-5.WC8.bin

I have a Cisco 7206 router with this IOS c7200-jk9o3s-mz.122-10.bin

and finally I have a PIX firewall with IOS version 6.3(1) image i28F640J5 (i think)

I was hoping my switch would support QoS since that is where we need it, but if I have to I can temporarely use the PIX or 7206.

but none of these devices have QoS as a show option, only the queing

2924#sh q?

queue queueing

7206#sh q?

qdm qllc queue queueing

The PIX has no options under show for anything starting with the letter q.

Anybody know if I'm looking in the wrong spots or if these devices don't have QoS in the IOS?

also if none of these devices have QoS, is there another cisco command I can use to limit the bandwidth out of a port in the switch?

Thanks

Chris S.

IT Engineer

www.sightspeed.com

2 Replies 2

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

The 2924 cannot do QOS.

The PIX cannot do QOS

7206 can do QOS.

What applications on your network need QOS ? How is your network setup. You need to give us more details abt the network as well as what traffic you are sending ?

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Video/Audio streams

My company does mass amounts of video/audio data for our product and we want that traffic to have priority over all other traffic.

As far as I can tell our IOS in the 7206 doesn't support QoS or at least show QoS doesn't work and it is one of the commands mentioned in the cisco notes for the 7200 series routers.