Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

question about inline web filter

hi all,

currently i have the following:

internet<-->router<-->pix<-->4507<-->lan

I will be placing a web filter in line in the next month or so and it is going to go between the pix and 4507. currently i have things such as the following in my pix config:

route inside <lan net> <core switch>

The web filter is also a stateful firewall, so i am assuming that i will need to the change the above to something like:

route inside <lan net> <web filter int>

I assume this needs to be done as it will sit in between so that my core 4507 will not be the pix's "gateway" back into my lan right?

TIA,

R

1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: question about inline web filter

Once the policy is defined, you need to create rules that reflect the policy specifications (as defined above). Remember that the filter rules are bidirectional, so you must create one for both the inbound and outbound connections. Unless specified below, values should be left on their default settings. To create a filter rule for the inbound connection (DNS queries), open the VPN 3000 Concentrator software and go to Configuration > Policy Management > Traffic Management > Rules. Click Add.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content