cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Question CTA or CTA Wired Client?

thlimatelsinc
Level 1
Level 1

So that client get the information of the Workstation, is necessary the CTA or needs the CTA Wired Client?

Thanks...

2 Replies 2

t3watts33
Level 1
Level 1

The only reason you would need the CTA agent with the wired client is if you were using 802.1x on your wired network. Keep in mind this 802.1x supplicant only works on wired connections at this time. You should be able to use your own supplicant (ex. MS PEAP) to do wired and wireless. I believe Cisco is planning on updating the CTA client to include a supplicant that works on wired and wireless in the future. Given the fact that Cisco acquired MeetingHouse I believe we will see this sometime this year or early next year.

In my case that I have that to use the Wired Client therefore I have 802.1x in my network, however I am with difficulty to use the Wired Client therefore it does not recognize users of AD Domain.

I am using the PEAP of the MS.

In case that it can also help me, will be necessary to integrate with the SUS and the Symantec.

Thanksssss

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: