Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

"pdm location" question?

When I open the pdm, it adds numerous number of "pdm location" statements to the running configuration. This is despite the fact that I've already added just the single required "http" and "pdm location" statements to the config. Is there anyway to prevent having the config getting populated with all these "pdm location" statement. By the way, our config has a lot of "static" and "route" entries.

Thanx.

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: "pdm location" question?

You can't get rid of these, believe me, plenty of people have asked. They're used internally by the PIX to locate PDM hosts, you basically get a lot of these if your routing table is large. If you delete them they'll just be re-added in again next time, so learning to ignore them is your best bet.

Cisco Employee

Re: "pdm location" question?

PDM locations are inserted when you use the "Hosts/Networks" tab in PDM to define networks and hosts. You also see PDM locations for workstations that run PDM. While they do take up space in the configuration file, they help by attaching a name and comment field to networks and objects in the network. Deleting them would be like deleting comments from the configuration.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content