cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"Spoke" VPN to "Spoke" VPN

cISCOJester
Level 1
Level 1

I am attempting to set up a VPN connection from a 2801 Cisco router across my 2811 Cisco router to a non Cisco Sonicwall router. The LAN with the 2801 router is a stub network with a Point to Point to the 2811 with its only access out. I believe that my NAT settings are preventing the correct communication to the Sonicwall. Can anyone provide some documents or advise?

Thanks

JH

3 Replies 3

Hi experiment this few years ago, but only point to point tunneling, not Hub'n spoke. I found that some SonicWALL firmware and some cisco IOS software are not compatible with each other. Can you tell me which SonicWALL firmware and which IOS software are you using ?

What sonicwall model are you using ?

I think that you'll always have to make the traffic pass to the Hub (2811). I don't think that you'll be able to do some DMVPN with those 2 devices.

Thank you for the info,

Below is my Sonicwall information its a few years old:

As for my IOS i dont have exact versions at my fingers right now but i can say that both routers are running 12.4(T8) or newer.

My network setup is in a transition phase as we shift from one location to the other. One of my main servers is on the end of the sonicwall spoke and i need a VPN connection to it. The remote location with the 2801, being a stub network has to go out to the 2811 for internet access. Was hoping there was a way to get the VPN to the Sonicwall, doesnt sound like it. If anyone else has information or suggestions all is appreciated.

Thanks

JH

# Model: TELE3 SP (CPU: Toshiba 3927 H2 / 133 Mhz)

# Firmware version: 6.5.0.4

# ROM version: 6.3.7.0

# RAM: 16 M

# Flash: 4 M

# VPN Hardware Accelerator Detected

# Ethernet Speeds: WAN 100 Mbps Full Duplex, LAN 100 Mbps Full Duplex

# SonicWALL has been up: 15 Days, 3 Hours, 18 Minutes, 30 Seconds

# Number of IP addresses allowed with this license: Unlimited

# Number of Global VPN Clients allowed with this license: 0

# Current connections: 13

Your SonicWALL seems to have the lastest firmware.

So just doing a VPN connection between your SonicWALL and your 2811. Then just add static route in your SonicWALL and 2801 with the 2811 as gateway.

But try to use only one tunnel interface but with two nhrp map because I think that you can't have another tunnel interface on your 2811 linking on the same nat ip address as your previous one, but I'm not sure.

Let me know if it's work