Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Radius authentication for VPN client

Hi,

I'm using cisco vpn client 3.5 for my mobile users to connect to the network through the Pix 515 firewall. The users are getting authenticated using a Win 2000 server over RADIUS using "aaa-server" command

This command allows me to mention only one server for authentication. Is there a way to mention one more server as standby authentication server which can handle authentication requests in case the primary fails.

Also can i mention a local username and password which myself as an administrator could use for authentication in case the firewall is not able to contact the Radius server?

Thanks and Regards,

jimmy

1 REPLY

Re: Radius authentication for VPN client

Q. Is there a way to mention one more server as standby authentication server which can handle authentication requests in case the primary fails?

A. Yes, just specify the new server with your aaa-server commands, but it will only go to the second server if the primary doesnt respond. If the primary does respond, as if its denied, it wont go to the seconday.

Q. Also can i mention a local username and password which myself as an administrator could use for authentication in case the firewall is not able to contact the Radius server?

A. Sorry, can't do this yet, not for VPN anyhow.

KD

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content