Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.
cto

Radius Authentication

I have set up VPN3000 concentrator with external authentication configured using funk radius server but unable to authenticate with no specific error message. Do I need to set up a user withing the concentrator as a member of the RADIUS(external) group and also set up the same user on the RADIUS server. This seems the only way I could get the user to connect. Internally configured user works great.

Thnak you.

Nojeem Magbade

Sr. Counsultant

1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: Radius Authentication

It sounds like you have radius configured already from the Configuration/System/Servers/Authentication/Add or Modify RADIUS screen. The rest of the work that needs to be done is on the client side which isn’t as easy. I’d take a look at http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/471/radius_tips.html to help out on the client config. The internal server only supports 100 users/groups combined so it’s not very scalable. Besides, you’d have to enter everything twice which defeats the purpose.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content