Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Re-install CSA after manual removal

My client sent Microsoft's Hive Clean Tool out via SMS and one of the install settings from it caused CSA on all the remote laptops that received it to go into full lockdown mode.

Thankfully it was only a pilot that 650 users received, but the only way to fix them was to fedex them all a CD that ran a manual removal of CSA using the steps from Cisco.

Now that they are all back online, we'd like to re-install CSA. When running the original agent kit that installed it, we get a message 'unable to start CSAControl Service'. The service was removed during the manual removal, but is not installed again as a service during the install.

Platform is XP Tablet. CSA is v. 4.03. We are running the install as an admin. Does anyone have any ideas on getting it to re-install successfully?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES

Re: Re-install CSA after manual removal

Technically, I don't think 4.0.3 supports XP Tablet, you have to go to 4.5 to obtain that support.

Were the hosts rebooted after CSA was removed?

Where can I get clear evidence of the supported platforms for 4.03? This could be a good reason to go ahead and upgrade all 9,000 tablets in the field.

Yes on the reboot question. We also have found that we can install 4.0 successfully. We'll see if we can get our hands on a 4.5 agent kit.

Does anyone know how to totally erase all evidence that CSA was installed on a client? The manual removal was deleting registry keys and some DLLs, but that was not a total uninstall.

Thanks.

Blue

There are some hidden device drivers in Device Manager which are registry entries under

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\csa***"

That's also where the csacontrol service entry is located.

I don't know if these were part of your manual uninstall or not.

Views
Helpful
Replies