cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Re: Port Security configuration

zapanta.f
Level 1
Level 1

All I am trying to configure port-sec on the 6509 and I am unable to execute the stucky command. Would it be poosible that the IOS revision needs to be update? Here is the IOS eversion I am running.

12.2 (18v) Sr2

POrt-Sec Config:

interface GigabitEthernet3/1

switchport access vlan 1

switchport mode access

switchport port-security

switchport port-security violation shutdown

The 6509 will nto take theses configs here at the bottom.

switchport port-security mac-address sticky

switchport port-security mac-address sticky 4444.4444.4444

spanning-tree portfast

Thanks in advance.

-fz

2 Replies 2

sachinverma
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

You need to upgrade the IOS version on your 6509.Release 12.2(18)SXE and later releases support port security with sticky MAC addresses.

Refer for more details on command set - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a0080160a2c.html#wp1044659

Kindly rate this post and let me know if it helps.

cheers

Sachin

What would be the latest IOS version to run on a 6509 w\a SUP720 linecard that will support the latest and the greatest security abd routing features?

I would like to ensure I upgrade to the latest IOS that will support ssh, crypto, and port security via sticky. I was on the IOS download section and I found IOS 12.2 (18) SE1 - 6. What are the differences between the versions...... I understand IOS SE2-6 will support IPV6 .

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: