cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Reason 412 (Timeout of VPN Client Connection)

daddyo17042
Level 1
Level 1

I have a client who seems to be timing out on his VPN Connection after about 10 minutes of inactivity. I cannot find any timeout setting on the PIX or in the client, and I have tested my own connection and never timed out even after several hours. He is running VPN Client 4.6.03.0021. I have attached a screen shot of the error. Any help would me most appreciated. Thank.

Joe

3 Replies 3

muca
Level 3
Level 3

I am using VPN client 4.6.00.45.

Vpn properties-->Transport-->peer response timeout

Adjusting the Peer Response Timeout Value

The VPN Client uses a keepalive mechanism called Dead Peer Detection (DPD) to check the availability of the VPN device on the other side of an IPSec tunnel. If the network is unusually busy or unreliable, you might need to increase the number of seconds to wait before the VPN Client decides that the peer is no longer active. The default number of seconds to wait before terminating a connection is 90 seconds. The minimum number of seconds you can configure is 30 seconds and the maximum is 480 seconds.

To adjust the setting, enter the number of seconds in the Peer response timeout field.

The VPN Client continues to send DPD requests every 5 seconds, until it reaches the number of seconds specified by the Peer response timeout value.

for the pix config:

vpngroup vpnclient address-pool mypool

vpngroup vpnclient split-tunnel 110

vpngroup vpnclient idle-time 1800

vpngroup vpnclient password ********

the sample above specifies the idle timer as 1800 seconds.

just wondering how you go.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: