Views
Helpful
Replies

remote-access VPN on 7.2(2)

melchib
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I ran into an issue with a customer where we setup his remote-access vpn via ASDM and used the same name (eg. itvpn) for the group-policy and tunnel-group. After putting the ASA on the network we were able to connect via VPN client, however we never saw any traffic being decrypted at the client end.

I then removed all the config from the CLI related to the remote-access vpn and put it back in via the CLI (instead of ASDM). The only difference I can see between the two configs is the second one I used a different name for the group-policy (eg. itvpnpolicy) and tunnel-group(eg. itvpn). We were then able to see decrypted packets at the client end and everything worked.

Does anyone have a working configuration where they are using the same name for both the group-policy and tunnel-group? Am I nuts in thinking you can't use the same name for both? Just curious if maybe I'm missing something when comparing the two configs.

Thanks!

Brad

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Kamal Malhotra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Brad,

I have seen many setups working with the same name. So its fine. You are definitely missing something else.

Regards,

Kamal

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Kamal Malhotra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Brad,

I have seen many setups working with the same name. So its fine. You are definitely missing something else.

Regards,

Kamal

Ok, Thanks Kamal. I appreciate the quick response too!

Brad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: