Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

remote-access VPN on 7.2(2)

Hi,

I ran into an issue with a customer where we setup his remote-access vpn via ASDM and used the same name (eg. itvpn) for the group-policy and tunnel-group. After putting the ASA on the network we were able to connect via VPN client, however we never saw any traffic being decrypted at the client end.

I then removed all the config from the CLI related to the remote-access vpn and put it back in via the CLI (instead of ASDM). The only difference I can see between the two configs is the second one I used a different name for the group-policy (eg. itvpnpolicy) and tunnel-group(eg. itvpn). We were then able to see decrypted packets at the client end and everything worked.

Does anyone have a working configuration where they are using the same name for both the group-policy and tunnel-group? Am I nuts in thinking you can't use the same name for both? Just curious if maybe I'm missing something when comparing the two configs.

Thanks!

Brad

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: remote-access VPN on 7.2(2)

Hi Brad,

I have seen many setups working with the same name. So its fine. You are definitely missing something else.

Regards,

Kamal

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi Brad,

I have seen many setups working with the same name. So its fine. You are definitely missing something else.

Regards,

Kamal

Ok, Thanks Kamal. I appreciate the quick response too!

Brad

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content