Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

remote instalaltion of VPN client 4.0.3(C) doens't work

We are trying to upgrade from 3.6.3(REL) to 4.0.3(C).

With our 1st version 3.6.3(REL), it was possible to install it from a networkshare. We had computer based policies that ran when an account needed the VPN software and this was done from a networkshare.

The new version 4.0.3(C) doesn't install from a networkshare ( error that states that the client can't be installed from a networkshare ). As a company with more than 1300 employees it's impossible to install the VPN client locally.

Any idea why the new cleint can't be installed over a networkshare and how do other mid-sized and larger companies distribute the VPN client ?

3 REPLIES
Silver

Re: remote instalaltion of VPN client 4.0.3(C) doens't work

Try to cut and paste the pcf file into the remote installation directory

Community Member

Do you mean by "remote installation directory" a directory on the end-users PC.

We aren't going to manually copy the pcf file onto every Pc that needs it, neither are we going to script it or so.

The only solution is to completely install the software via some policy, so that we don't have any problems removing the software afterwards.

I also got another post that maybe will solve my problem.

Silver

You should be able to install it via active directory's group policy publishing or assigning. I publish it for the AD of a client of mine - end users can install it via the add remove icon in control panel. Publishing forces the install onto the box at the next reboot

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content