Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

Remote Office VPN

I am trying to setup a tunnel between the home office(ASA 5500, on network edge) and a remote office(1800, direct public connection). The goal is to have a config which will allow the remote to learn the routes via EIGRP.

I was informed that the ASA only supports IPSec and I would need GRE in order to allow multicast traffic, which I was told the ASA does not support.

This information seems conflicting, and I am now trying to determine if I need to terminate the home side tunnel on a device other than the ASA.

2 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: Remote Office VPN

You can use GRE for passing multicast traffic in ASA whereas IPSec is not supporting passing multicast traffic. Refer to http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa72/configuration/guide/inspect.html#wp1432892 for more information

Re: Remote Office VPN

Thanks for the information, I'll see how it goes!!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content