Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

'Remote Peer is no longer responding' message when trying to connect

I get a 'Remoter peer is no longer responding' error message when trying to connect to a VPN 3000 concentrator. I have to connect in to network with PCanywhere to 'reset' or 're-boot' the VPN 3000 Concentrator each morning to clear up this problem. After I do this, I can connect just fine. It seems to require this every 24 hrs. I can't find any settings in configuration that pertain to this. Any help would be appreceated.

Thanks,

Jerry L.

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: 'Remote Peer is no longer responding' message when trying to

This doesn't sound like a 3000 config problem, unless you have the little known "stop responding to all traffic every 24 hours" box checked :-)

Sounds like it could be an ARP problem. Can you ping this box from your outside router or vice versa? Check the ARP table on your outside router and on the VPN3000 (under Monitoring - Statistics - MIB-II Stats - ARP Table), make sure each box has the others IP/MAC address mapping in place. After you try pinging can you connect to it after that? If you leave a constant ping running to the Public interface overnight, does the problem still exist in the morning? Does anything appear in the log on the 3000 that might indicate a problem?

Where in the configuration is the box for the "stop responding to all traffic every 24 hours"? I have looked and don't see this exact description.

Thanks,

Jerry L.

I also notice that I can not ping the outside address until I reset the 3000 concentrator. I don't know why. When I reset and can log in, I can ping the outside address ok.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Jerry L.

Where is the check box for 'stop responding to all traffic every 24 hours' in the configuration?

van

Hopefully you are not serious but if so, this was a joke. There is no such parameter.

Views
Helpful
Replies