Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote PIX Content Filtering to ASA 5510

Have a ASA 5510 with Content/URL filtering. I am looking to utilize this with a remote PIX which currently uses the content filtering of Websense. Can I point the PIX 501 (remote) at the ASA (Main) to provide for content filtering at the remote site?

4 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Remote PIX Content Filtering to ASA 5510

PIX 501 itself has the ability for URL and content Filtering.In that case it would be un-necessary to send traffic from PIX to 5510.

Refer the following URL which documents for URL filtering on PIX 501

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/pix/pix_sw/v_63/cmdref/tz.htm#wp1026449

use static nat with websense serveur and url-filter in pix 501 inspection.

bye,

Guillaume

Is nobody paying attention to my question?? I know how to setup the PIX for websense. I know how to setup the ASA for Web content filting. I want to be able to send the traffic from a 501 to the ASA to be filtered.

Simple as that. Is there a way for it to be done?

I do not recommend using the main site Websense server for queries from edge IOS routers. Queries over a VPN connection or clear text over the Internet is very slow.

I had a job go bad because of this. I had round trip pings from edge PC's to the Websense server of ~40 miliseconds yet when the Cisco 870 router queried Websense, page loads were taking 5 - 8 seconds.

Websense support was pointing at Cisco, TAC was pointing at Websense. Good times.

I can't speak for PIX 501's or ASA 5505's but this didn't work at all with 870's.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content