Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Replace Lucent IPSec Client with LAN-to-LAN VPN

A client of ours currently has Lucent IPSec client with pre-shared key config on a PC and the PC has a static NAT to one of the public IP's, however they have a 2600 router and a limited number of public IP's. Now there is a need for 6 other PC's to have access to that VPN, however they do not have 6 addresses available for the allow the IPSec passthru. So is there a way on the 2600 router to solve this by having a pool of 2 addresses that are available to the PC's that need access to the VPN will still using PAT for the 60 other desktops? Or is it possible to use the client settings from the Lucent IPSec client and create a LAN-to-LAN like vpn so all users on the network will have access to the remote VPN?

Feel free to provide me with other possible solutions or url's to configurations that may help.

Your help is much appreciated,

Frank Mirecki

1 REPLY
VIP Purple

Re: Replace Lucent IPSec Client with LAN-to-LAN VPN

I'd go for the LAN to LAN VPN - otherwise I think you might be buying yourself some long term heart ache.

This way the pain will be short term.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content