Views
Helpful
Replies

Replacement ASA - Copying Production ASA Config to Replacement ASA

nrpinetsupport
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all:

I'm performing an upgrade on a spare ASA5520 from 7.2(1) to 7.2(2-14). I'm trying to copy the config from an ASA that is in production and would like to replace it with the ASA I am upgrading. I am able to copy the running-config to the replacement ASA, however the SSL Certificate is giving me problems. I receive and error of .....ERROR: Public key contained in the device certificate doesn't match the device's public key <Default-RSA-Key> configured for trustpoint %trustpointname%. Device certificate is not installed.

I am able to get into the CLI, but can not access the device from the ASDM client. Any help would be very appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes the above commands looks good..first replicate the configuration to the ASA...and then import the certificate from the trustpoint

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

abinjola
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

delete the current keys

ca zeroize rsa

..disable the trustpoint from your config and then create new keys

Hey Abinjola,

Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure how to disable the Trustpoint and how to create new keys.

Thanks!

if you have disabled the web VPN COnfig (trust points from the config) and still getting the error mesage then check this :-

CSCsc08926

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Bugtool/home.pl

can you please update me about this ...

Hi abinjola,

I've removed the trustpoint (no crypto trustpoint %trustpointname%, however I'm not sure how to create new keys once I have done that. Could you provide me with the steps for disabling trustpoint, and creating new keys?

thank you for all your help!

crypto key gen rsa modulus 1024

sorry for so many questions (new at this)

steps:

1 - no crypto ca trustpoint %trustpointname% (delete trustpoint)

2 - ca zeroize rsa (remove rsa keys)

3 - crypto key gen rsa modulus 1024

Then I will need to import my SSL Cert?

Yes the above commands looks good..first replicate the configuration to the ASA...and then import the certificate from the trustpoint

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card