cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Replacing Pix 501 10 user 6.2 with Pix 501 unlimited 6.3(5)

glendrews
Level 1
Level 1

I copied the old config and pasted to the new firewall. Saved it and replaced. For some reason that I cannot figue, no traffic flows through the pix. I can reach the pix from the inside.

Is there some difference in command structure between 6.2 and 6.3 that may cause this?

7 Replies 7

nkhawaja
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

there is no particular difference, the basic commands are the same. try to compare the configs now.

may be some config is not copied.

thanks

Nadeem

There is one or two commands that are not any more supported but the rest of the config should be the same.

Basic settings are:

IP Address, global, nat and a default route.

Have you done a " clear xlate ".

Post your config but replace the public IP with x.x.x.x ...

sincerely

Patrick

one quick comment.

just wondering if you did a "wri erase" on the unlimited 501 before copying the config over, as this will shutdown all interfaces.

e.g. to do a "no-shut"

interface ethernet0 auto

interface ethernet1 100full

I did do a write erase on the new pix. However when it is in place and i do sho interface, both report as up and up. Any suggestions?

I have also done a clear xlate and no dice. This is a slightly complex environment with a cisco router between the firewall and the local network. Should I clear the arpcache on the router?

please post the config with all public info masked.

Figured it out. Cleared the arpcache on the various routers.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: