cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Resetting PDM on PIX515

virgil_burns
Level 1
Level 1

We setup the PDM GUI for our PIX quite a while ago and can't remember the the second password needed to get into the configuration tool. Is there a way from the command line interface to see what the username might be or a way to reset it so that we can use the GUI interface again? Any help would be appreciated. TIA.

6 Replies 6

mmorris11
Level 4
Level 4

Check this:

http://www.ciscotaccc.com/kaidara-advisor/security/showcase?case=K56238255

If you configured a username and password locally on the pix you will see it near the top of the config via cli. Just use this command:

no username jblow

to clear it and you should then be able to access the PDM like the TAC case indicates.

HTH pls rate!

OK, I'm able to get in but now I'm running into another error that shows in the status bar of the browser: "exception: java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.util.PropertyPermission java.version read). This is happening after I login the first time to bring up the second browser that is supposed(?) to bring up the config util. Any suggestions? TIA.

What version of Java are you running? Some versions have issues with various Cisco GUIs. I run 1.4.2_05 and it works on all Cisco products. If you are running a different version, you might try finding this version and giving it a shot. Also, make sure you turn your popup blocker off.

That was it...thanks for the info! Found an older version of Java and installed it on a spare machine and bingo, problem solved! Thank you everyone for your help.

And I highly recommend Mozilla Firefox for PDM and IDM. Doesn't give you that java heap size error.

I was having this same problem. There is a bug/conflict in the older version of PDM and the newer version of the Java plug-in. Here is the link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps4077/products_field_notice09186a008046c805.shtml