Views
Helpful
Replies

restoring a running-config

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Hell-o,

I have copied our PIX515 running-config file to our tftp server on my pc for safe keeping. I wanted to add remark statements to the configuration file with notepad or wordpad and then copy it back to the PIX515. I cannot find anywhere how I would copy this modified config file back to PIX.. hope you can help.

TIA

4 Replies 4

steve.barlow
Level 7
Level 7

To tftp the config to your PIX: "configure net 10.1.1.1:/tftp/config/pixconfig".

Use the config command (http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/pix/pix_62/cmdref/c.htm#xtocid7).

Hope it helps.

Steve

Hi Steve,

Followed the command line you gave and saw that this is the commmand in the documentation. Problem is, is just does not work. Perhaps there is something I need to do before I enter this command? Here is what I am entering it at the config# prompt.

configure net

:/tftp/config/

Hope you can advise as I am at a loss.

TIA,

Gary

Can you specify what happens when it doesn't work? Also, you can try it in combination with the tftp-server command, as per the doc posted before.

Steve

Steve,

It worked with config net :/PIX_newconfig. However it only worked for changing commands but not for adding comments. Perhaps it is the way I am added comments? I am adding comments to the config file as follows;

! ---This is a translation for our web server

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: