cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

restoring a running-config

Hell-o,

I have copied our PIX515 running-config file to our tftp server on my pc for safe keeping. I wanted to add remark statements to the configuration file with notepad or wordpad and then copy it back to the PIX515. I cannot find anywhere how I would copy this modified config file back to PIX.. hope you can help.

TIA

4 REPLIES

Re: restoring a running-config

To tftp the config to your PIX: "configure net 10.1.1.1:/tftp/config/pixconfig".

Use the config command (http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/pix/pix_62/cmdref/c.htm#xtocid7).

Hope it helps.

Steve

Anonymous
N/A

Hi Steve,

Followed the command line you gave and saw that this is the commmand in the documentation. Problem is, is just does not work. Perhaps there is something I need to do before I enter this command? Here is what I am entering it at the config# prompt.

configure net

:/tftp/config/

Hope you can advise as I am at a loss.

TIA,

Gary

Can you specify what happens when it doesn't work? Also, you can try it in combination with the tftp-server command, as per the doc posted before.

Steve

Anonymous
N/A

Steve,

It worked with config net :/PIX_newconfig. However it only worked for changing commands but not for adding comments. Perhaps it is the way I am added comments? I am adding comments to the config file as follows;

! ---This is a translation for our web server

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content