cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RME identifies 2950T as Generic SNMP device.

greg.kirkness
Level 1
Level 1

I am eval'ing LMS for my company. I have generated inventory using ANI and synchronised with RME. I can see my 3500XL switches in Hardware Reports within System - All Catalysts, and I can see all my 2950T switches within Hardware Reports - Generic SNMP.

When I try and perform Configuration Mmanagement using NetConfig, no matter what I pick in the Select Device Catagory ( IOS, Catalyst or FastSwitch ) phase, when I browse devices in the Select Devices phase, I can only see the 3500XL. The 2950T's do not appear in any combination of selections as choices.

The 3500XL appears as IOS - All Catalysts.

The 3500XL's are running Cat IOS ver 12.0(5.2)XU, and the 2950T's are running Cat IOS 12.0(5.3)WC(1).

Can anyone please offer me some advice as to what part of my inventory / configuration is incorrect. All devices were discovered using CDP.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

Thank you for your reply.

If this is the case, then why are the following comments made in the document http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/pd/si/casi/ca2950/prodlit/c29ie_ds.htm

1) Manageable through CiscoWorks network management software on a per-port and per-switch basis providing a common management interface for Cisco routers, switches and hubs.

2) In addition to the Cisco CMS Software, Catalyst 2950 switches are manageable via CiscoWorks 2000 products, which provide full enterprise-class network management.

As I have stated, I can inventory and syslog the 2950T's, but not manage them with RME. If in fact RME does not currently support these devices, when will support be provided in the future?

Thanks

CV 5.3 supports 2950. Futuer versions of RME may have the support for this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: