cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Route-maps for packets going out to a VPN tunnel

rick.payne
Level 1
Level 1

I have a setup where I have a default route to the internet for a VPN router. It connects to a base station VPN END Point through the Internet. I use ROUTE-MAPS to send packets from the LAN interface to the VPN with no problem. The situation I have now is that I have 2 VPN connections back to the base station using different routers at the base station. I can setup for either / or , but I cannot figure out how to create a route-map that will allow any packets comming from an interface to have a primary and a seconday default route. this is needed incase one of the VPN Links goes down. Please clue me in, Maybe I am to tunnel visioned at this point.

Base = 2 routers with a VPN connection to the mobile.

Mobile = 1 Router with 2 VPN connections to the base.

Thank you

1 Reply 1

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

You can make use of PBR (policy based routing) here,but i thnk the info which you have provided here is not much clear.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1828/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00800ca590.html

If you can post out a simple topological figure representing the network connectivity and the requirment you have it will help the netpros here to help u out efficiently..

regds

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: