Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

router lost configs

I have problem with the following platfoms,router 7500 ,1700 and 2600,siwtch 2900. they just loose configurations sometimes this happens after power failure(most cases)and few were it just happen.

my question is what can be the cause of this and if there is any work around that can help for this routers not to lose configs

I'm running Version 12.0(3)T

Thanks(in advance)

3 REPLIES
Silver

Re: router lost configs

Whenever a configuration change is made, please make sure that you use the write mem command to save it to the NVRAM. In switches the configuration is automatically saved, whereas in routers you would need to save it manually. When there is a power failure and the router reboots all the config is lost. Using the write command should resolve your problem.

may be I didnt clear something here, this is happening on the routers were configs are been saved,routers like a 7500 as a distribution configs can be save many times due to when we add new sites but when it re-boots it loose everyting and the configs that were saved long ago

thanks

Cisco Employee

Test message pl ignore

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content