cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

router privilege command syntax

dgalati000
Level 1
Level 1

Have a local username and pw setup. then set up priv exec level 0 sh running-config.

But we only get like 10 lines of sh run when logging in as this user.

Tried to go to level 8 and got the same small number of sh run lines. Any ideas what we're doing wrong.?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

See in line,

One more question-so the level of cmd's you are able to access is entirely dependent on who you sign in as and what level (or what cmd's)is/are assigned to that user?

---->Yes, that depends on the priv level of user and the commnds

Also, I need to verify for my cust that the question above is correct and applies irregardless of which line you come in on?

---> Line does not matter here. No matter where even user comes from , priv lvl take effect.

Is there any additional granularity you can assign to the VTY's or Con (other than ACL and access-class)?

--->I dont think so.

Regards,

~`JG

Do rate helpful posts

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jagdeep Gambhir
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Gulati,

This is how it works, When access to the router is configured by privilege levels, a common issue is that the show running or write terminal commands are configured at or below the user's privilege level. When the user executes the command, the configuration appears to be blank. This is actually by design , please check this link,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk59/technologies_tech_note09186a00800949d5.shtml

Regards,

~JG

Please mark it resolved so others can benefit from it.

JG, thanks, I'll try level 6 or 7 later.

One more question-so the level of cmd's you are able to access is entirely dependent on who you sign in as and what level (or what cmd's)is/are assigned to that user?

Also, I need to verify for my cust that the question above is correct and applies irregardless of which line you come in on?

Is there any additional granularity you can assign to the VTY's or Con (other than ACL and access-class)?

See in line,

---->Yes, that depends on the priv level of user and the commnds

---> Line does not matter here. No matter where even user comes from , priv lvl take effect.

--->I dont think so.

Regards,

~`JG

Do rate helpful posts