cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Router

edsoriano
Level 1
Level 1

hi... need information regarding a router that i could use for my CCNA,CCNP and CCIE.

THANKS

5 Replies 5

dagreer
Level 1
Level 1

Most people that I know are using 25xx's for their studying. You will be able to study more if you can get together five to seven routers, making sure that one of them is an access router (i.e. 2509 / 2511) to get reverse telnet capability. Also if you can get two routers with token-ring, and two with BRI ports you should be able to test just about anything. Also if you get the BRI ports you will need to get an ISDN simulator.

the ideal router would be a Cisco 3640 series and any of the access routers (1600 or 2500 series, and you are on the way). All the best.

sharjeelalvi
Level 1
Level 1

Dear

AsFar as Ur's CCNA is conseren, U do not need any Router Just Buy the Study Guide From Sybex & U will get with it a Simulation Paket.

I think it's Good enough at CCNA Lavel.

So Enjoy Ur's Studies.

Good Luck

Sharjeel.

abehanan
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

u can use a cisco 2500 series router for ccna.

regards

Anish.

dirkrens
Level 1
Level 1

In our training centre we use a combination of routers, completed with a some switches - which is what you will need if you really go up to CCNP and CCIE.

For CCNA you can practice with simulation tools, although a 2500 series router is more useful. (ICND uses 25xx and 3640, together with Catalyst 1900 and 2900XL).

For CCNP you will need modular routers, so 36x0 is the way to go (with token ring if you want to practice for CIT 4.0) Also Catalyst 1900 and Catalyst 5505 with RSM module or an external 3640 for inter-VLAN routing.