Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Routing feature with a 4 ethernet interfaces pix 520, 2 for the internet.

Hello all.

I'm trying to configure a Pix 520 with 4 interfaces, 2 of them connected to different Vlans, and the other 2 connected to different ADLS routers atached to the internet.

We pretend to 'save' firewalls by means of using less firewalls with more interfaces. So we want 2 vlans to communicate between them and to the internet through 2 adsl independents routers.

Well, the question is if I can define 2 default routes for 2 diferents interfaces (the ones we have defined as outside security 0 and outside1 security 1)?

Greetings and thanks in advance.

José Luis.

• Other Security Subjects
2 REPLIES

Re: Routing feature with a 4 ethernet interfaces pix 520, 2 for

Unfortunately José,

The PIX cannot replace a router, or Cisco doesn't want to make it a router, and for some good reasons. As the difficulty for users who will have to protect a dynamically routed network. It's just enough difficult to do a good job with static network.

Then you must absolutely use a router in front of your PIX to connect to both ISPs.

Regards

Ben

Re: Routing feature with a 4 ethernet interfaces pix 520, 2 for

Thanks a lot, Ben.

No more headaches for me, since now. Fortunatelly I still have other resources to solve the problem. I will try 3 interfaces, only one of them for the internet, and the other 2 for communicating between them and the internet.

Thanks again and greetings.

José Luis.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.