Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Routing problem with a VPN tunnel

Hej.

Sorry if this is the place but hope someone here can help me out.

Currently i have a problem with routing traffic from one network to another through a VPN. The setup is as follows:

we have 2 internal network(DMZ & Internal) and 1 outside interface. From the outside interface there is a GRE tunnel with a VPN to another network. The tunnel and vpn is up and running and i can from the router ping hosts on both sides. When i am on a pc i cant get traffic to pass through onto the other network. So far the routing entry is correct but i have been told it might be a NAT problem.

So how do i make a NAT entry that will fit in this picture. There is already nat for two network to the WWW but i also need to make one for the other network.

Hope this makes sense and someone might have an idea.

Best Regards

Dennis

1 REPLY

Re: Routing problem with a VPN tunnel

Hi .. I am not sure if I am understanding your issue .. but if you have a vpn up and running and are experincing problems accessing the other site from one of your networks then you need to check the access-list applied to your crypto map ( iPsec interesting traffic ) make sure this access-list includes the network that is not working. Also you need to check the exception nat access-list .. basically this access list allows traffic that traverses the tunnel to use thir real IP adresses instead of being NATed. This check has to be done in both ends. Finally you need to check your routing to make sure every network knows the how to reach to each other

I hope it helps .. please rate it if it does !!!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content