Views
Helpful
Replies

RSA SDI using Radius (together) with VPN 3030

rgrego
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are having a problem getting RSA SecureID working with our VPN 3030. Our RSA box is set up using RADIUS as well. I think its a bug....

Any ideas???

4 Replies 4

cjacinto
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Make sure you are using the latest 3000 concentrator code and then you could at least enable the AUTH and

AUTHDBG event classes on the 3000 box, and do a test authentication from the box (from the Configuration, System, Authentication Servers) and see the Filterable event log and see what is happenning.

Hi,

I want to know where I can get the latest code for VPN 3000?

I can't find latest code in "Software Center>Cisco Secure Software"

Thanks

atjniemi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

This info can be found on RSA VPN3000 document:

The Cisco VPN3000 has RADIUS support, yet does not work with ACE/Server RADIUS since it does not support RADIUS challenges, and therefore does not support new pin/next tokencode mode.

Maybe that your problem ?

Regards

Anssi

eheston
Level 1
Level 1

This solution may be more expensive than what you're looking for, but I've installed a PIX 515 that authenticates VPN users via TACACS+ to a Cisco Secure server. The Cisco Secure server authenticates SecureID cards using the ACE Agent.

This has been working fine for about a year now. Maybe you could get your company to buy Cisco Secure ACS and use that as your RADIUS server, authenticating against the RSA database.

Eric