Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Running domain script after vpn connection

Our users frequently take their computers home and use an IPSEC VPN to a Cisco 3005 VPN Concentrator for access to the internal network. They are logging into their computer using cached profile. They then use the Cisco VPN Client to get to the internal network. At this point they have all the rights they need to the network but do not have their mapped drives. Currently we provide a batch file on their computer they can run to get their mapped drives. I know that the VPN Client can be setup to connect before the Microsoft Client so that they would be logging in to the domain and would run the script at that time, but the users I have tried this with found it confusing and more trouble. Does anyone know a way of running a script or batch file automatically from the client after the VPN is established?

Thanks,

Gene

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Running domain script after vpn connection

Hello,

You are saying that if there could be something like executing a program as soon as VPN is connected.

Something of this nature is there in the VPN client. Sorry I forgot the options. You will find that in one of the Menus. Mention you bat (any executable) file in the option and it will run it. I do not have access to the VPN client.

Vikas

Views
Helpful
Replies