Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

SafeNet SoftRemote and PIX

I have a customer who is running a PIX506E firewall V6.3(1). I have been successful in getting the Cisco VPN client to connect. This customer has also purchased SafeNet Inc. SoftRemote V10 and wants it to connect to the PIX also. I have been successful in getting SoftRemote to connect in 'no-auto-config' mode, but not in 'Virtual Adapter' mode that would allow dynamic address assignment to the virtual adapter interface on the SoftRemote client. It looks like I get all the way through IKE phase 1, XAUTH, and IKE phase 2 on the PIX and everything looks normal. But on the SoftRemote client, the following messages appear in the log:

Failure finding or creating filter entry

Key download failed

Error downloading key

Failed loading keys

The connection eventually times out and disconnects.

Unfortunately for me, the customer has not purchased a support agreement from SafeNet for SoftRemote, so they will not answer any of my questions. Does anyone here know anything about SoftRemote and what these filters are?

• Other Security Subjects
1 REPLY

Re: SafeNet SoftRemote and PIX

Looks like some timer problem

Views
Helpful
Replies