Views
Helpful
Replies

SAVEUSERPASSWORD in VPN client 3.6

hon-cheong.wong
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

My customer decided to logged into the PIX via VPN client without providing the password for the environment that the PIX is integrated authorization by RADIUS (Windows IAS Server). From the manual, the SAVEUSERPASSWORD and USERPASSWORD setting in the pcf file can help on that solution. When I marked those information, the content found to be overwrite with 0 and null value using the GUI client. How can I prvent that action ? And how can I generate a enc_UserPassword content for security concern ?

Thanks every reply in advances.

2 Replies 2

gfullage
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can't use this feature when connecting to a PIX with the VPn client, only when connecting to the VPN3000 concentrator which has a specific "Save User Password" option. The value in the .pcf file will always be overwritten when connecting to a PIX, sorry about that, and the user will have to manually enter their password the next time they login.

How about I change the access mode of the related .pcf file to read only with password typed over the .pcf. Can I applied such approach to allow VIP user to establis the VPN connection without typing any password on his notebook (the VPN password already save in the VPN client configuration file)

Beside, how can I made use of the encryption password section as for security consideration. (Someone cannot visual found the password even he open the .pcf file)

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: