Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Secure desktop and ASA5510

Does the ASA5510 support Cisco Secure Desktop and if so, where can I download it? All my searches result in software unavailable and then I'm redirected to the software download page. Also I see no mention of the ASA appiances in the Secure Desktop documentation. Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES

Re: Secure desktop and ASA5510

Hmmmm....I figured this would be an easy question and hence quickly answered.

Gold

the answer probably is no, it doesn't.

according to the cisco doc named "migrating to asa for vpn 3000 concentrator series administrators - feature differences" published 04/may/05, the asa only supports for webvpn that is equivalent to that available on the vpn 3000 series concentrator release 4.1.7.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_upgrade_guides_chapter09186a0080450c23.html#wp1008637

Thanks for the response. Sorry about seeming "short" in my previous post but I sold my boss on the Cisco Secure Desktop and my supplier suggested the ASA 55xx appliances stating they had the same functionality as the 3k series.

Now I did find this on the Cisco site: "Cisco Secure Desktop is part of Cisco VPN 3000 Concentrator Software Release 4.7 and will be included in future Cisco ASA 5500 Series security appliances,..."

Does anyone know if this will be a future device upgrade or software upgrade and possibly when?

Bump

Gold

good news.

asa/pix v7.1 has been scheduled to release in jan next year. with v7.1, the web vpn feature will offer the same service as the vpn concentrator v4.7.

Thank you. Just got off the phone with Cisco rep. in Cali and he told me the same thing.

Views
Helpful
Replies